Re: Revisiting the Gnome Bindings

Dnia 26-09-2004, nie o godzinie 11:33 +0100, Jamie McCracken napisał:

> The problem with c++ is its complexity and you can program stuff in it
> in a zillion different ways (most of them insane!).

Yup, C++ gives you most sophisticated tools to shoot yourself in foot
available.

>  If we are to have an
> alternative to C it should have a more simple structure and be more
> suitable for beginners like Java/C#/Object Pascal (Freepascal/Delphi/
> Kylix) Although Object Pascal would win here because its syntax is
> amongst the clearest the point is merely that in an ideal world it would
> be both clear syntax and simple structure

Hmm, one word - DON'T. Don't even think about Pascal, and _especially_
about that abomination called "object" pascal, or I'll be forced to chop
your head off, which, given long distance between us will be costly and
inconvenient, so best stop discussion about Pascal right now

Cheers,
Maciej

--
"Tautologizm to coś tautologicznego"