Re: Revisiting the Gnome Bindings

Havoc Pennington wrote:

Personally I'd support adding pygtk *only* - because it's a very clearly
different kind of language than C, appropriate in different cases. So it
would still be useful even if we added a new "system programming"
language like C++/C#/Java someday.

I totally agree here, the C#/Java dead lock should not be in the way of adding Python to the platform. Python would fit *very* well in the platform even if we added C#/Java. And the Python bindings are widely accepted throughout GNOME and is a proven language for writing GUI tools/applications.

  Mikael Hallendal

Imendio HB,