Re: the future of GNOME Applets

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 18:49:42 -0700, Stephane Demurget
<stephane demurget free fr> wrote:
[DBus]
> Well, okay, it's on freedesktop, but I'd like to know if we'll really
> target D-BUS for the 2.10 timeframe. It seems D-BUS and HAL are
> generating a lot of positive feedback. I surely look forward a more wide
> adoption of those.

I certainly hope that DBus will be a standard (or even required) base that
the GNOME foot will rest on. I'm working on a scheme to use DBus to relay
IRC traffic between a connecting (background) program and an UI as a part of
my education, and if I get it to work reasonably well I'll propose it
for inclusion.
Well, that's the plan anyway. It would be great to finally have a GNOME-looking
IRC-app instead of those monsters that are out there...

--
Kalle Vahlman, zuh iki fi