Re: the future of GNOME Applets

On Wed, 2004-09-22 at 02:39 +0100, Bastien Nocera wrote:

> That's exactly for this sort of thing that D-Bus was created, ie. you
> can limit the number of messages, who can do what, etc. at the D-BUS
> level.
That sounds cool, but D-BUS has not been part of the developer platform
for now, so it was kind of difficult to rely on it a few months ago.
Well, okay, it's on freedesktop, but I'd like to know if we'll really
target D-BUS for the 2.10 timeframe. It seems D-BUS and HAL are
generating a lot of positive feedback. I surely look forward a more wide
adoption of those.

I'll try to implement that in the next few days in emifreq to see how it
works.

thanks,

--Stef