Re: the future of GNOME Applets

On Mer, 2004-09-22 at 08:04, Murray Cumming wrote:
> Don't "Longer battery, less performance", and "Higher performance, less
> battery" options make more sense on the battery monitor applet?

Power management occurs on non battery operated devices as well as
on machines where the battery applet cannot run due to BIOS or ACPI
flaws (eg Dell latitude 5000).

> And don't these belong also (or only) in the control center?

They tend to currently be very hands on controls both in Linux and
Redmond Xtra Pain, possibly that reflects more on the management
algorithms used being inadequate than the UI. I agree with your point
that setting perhaps belongs in control center, but that does make it
behave differently to most applets unless the applet can at least bring
up the relevant control.

Alan