Re: gnome-user-share

On 11/09/04 09:35, Carlos Garnacho wrote:

I realize there is a need for a way for sysadmin style users to easily
set up "global shares", but i'm personally not very interested in this.

hmmm, sharing things in windows networks is "sysadmin stuff"? In my
really humble opinion, we should provide some way to make gnome network
friendly under as many circumstances as possible, in any work I've been
before (and in any home with >2 computers with windows) there was a
windows networking, and I don't expect this to change anytime soon.
Note that on modern versions of Windows (ie. not Win9x), you need administrator privileges in order to set up file and print sharing, so I'd say there is nothing wrong with classing it as a sysadmin task. This doesn't mean that it should be an obscure or difficult task to perform.

James.

--
Email: james jamesh id au
WWW:   http://www.jamesh.id.au/