Re: request for freeze breakage 2/2
- From: Kjartan Maraas <kmaraas broadpark no>
- To: "Ronald S. Bultje" <rbultje ronald bitfreak net>
- Cc: Thomas Vander Stichele <thomas apestaart org>, Christophe Fergeau <teuf gnome org>, desktop-devel-list gnome org, Alan Cox <alan lxorguk ukuu org uk>, release-team <release-team gnome org>
- Subject: Re: request for freeze breakage 2/2
- Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2004 18:06:11 +0200
tir, 07,.09.2004 kl. 15.39 +0200, skrev Ronald S. Bultje:
> On Mon, 2004-09-06 at 22:18, Alan Cox wrote:
> > On Llu, 2004-09-06 at 18:09, Ronald S. Bultje wrote:
> > > As do large PC suppliers nowadays. I do want to use the patch at some
> > > point. Just not now. Gnome CD has never worked on those computers and
> > > now it just still doesn't. I consider the regressions worse, however.
> > > We'll fix it, test it, test it again and come out with something that
> > > works for everybody in GNOME 2.10.
> > "Why do I have no CD audio" is one of the common questions I hear on
> > newbie lists nowdays, and essentially no PC supplier includes that cable
> > now so IMHO (if practical) it would be good to see it in 2.8.1 as well
> > as 2.10.*
> I know, I've seen it a lot as well. Like I said, the patch isn't bad,
> we've just seen some issues and would like to resolve those before
> exposing it to the user. Until then, we'd rather not break Gnome-CD for
> the users for who it works right now.
> I'm not sure if 2.8.1 is allowed (is this part of the feature freeze?).
> If it is, and this is possible schedule-wise, we'll definately try it.
> Just not 2.8.0.
> [ so for release-team, I beg for approval 2/2, I really hate to beg but
> putting this in 2.8.0 is just asking for bad reviews... ]
I love you when you're begging :-)
2 of 2
] [Thread Prev