Re: Request for Last-Minute Help with Firefox Polish Bug

On Thu, 2004-10-28 at 19:21 -0600, Elijah Newren wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 01:26:58 +0100, Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net> wrote:
>
> > You'd be better off posting to a gtk-devel mailing-list. Firefox isn't
> > part of GNOME (and isn't likely to become), even though a lot of
> > distributions with GNOME desktops as the default ship it as the default
> > browser.
> >
> > If you have bugs hitting the default GNOME browser (epiphany), you can
> > surely post them here.
>
> While I agree that the gtk-devel mailing list would probably be better
> (mainly because more of the people on that list would be able to
> help), I think your comments aren't quite fair.  If we only discussed
> core GNOME projects, then we couldn't ever do new module proposals.
> Besides, considering how many distributions ship Firefox as the
> default, I find it somewhat odd that it doesn't get more attention
> from Gnome (especially considering that Gnome relies on distros to get
> binaries out).

If some distribution ships Konqueror as the default browser, is this
mailing-list a place to discuss release critical (or not) bugs that
might arise in its development?
If so, I'm going to start sending mails about xine-lib bugs that are
holding up Totem releases. Just about as much interest for the GNOME
desktop development.

---
Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>