Re: alt-tab enhancement

Another nice thing about the OSX implementation is that you can go through the items using the arrow keys.

Am 10.10.2004 um 03:30 schrieb Elijah Newren:

On Fri, 08 Oct 2004 21:41:09 -0500, Brad Landis <bradlis7 classicnet net> wrote:
I hope this is a gnome thing and not a metacity thing...

It's a Metacity thing.  :-)

My girlfriend has MacOSX, and there's something I like about the alt-tab
interface.  It's actually command-tab, and if you push it a few times,
keep holding it, and push q, it quits the program currently selected.
This would be a good thing (you could do f4 instead of q or something),
and I would also like to see an enhancement in the look of the alt-tab
interface.  Maybe you could show a screenshot of the program.  This
wouldn't work on slow systems too well probably, but it look better.

It sounds reasonable (to me at least).  Feel free to file a bug
(please double check for duplicates first--I don't believe this is one
but there have been at least a few requests for other alt-tab
enhancements).  As far as screenshots, that'll have to wait for the
compositing manager (isn't that expocity type stuff?)

I don't know when anyone will have time to get around to implementing
any of this, though...

Hope that helps,
Elijah