System Sounds Through GStreamer

This may have already been requested, but I searched mail archives and
bugzilla, and found nothing.

Is there a plan to make system sounds play through GStreamer?  I really
don't like enabling sound server, and I can hear sounds without the
sound server anyways.  I would like to be able to play sounds without
messing with the esd server.  It's never seemed to work very well, and
GStreamer seems to be the best way to play sounds in gnome.

Brad Landis
Fedora Core 2, Gnome 2.6