Re: Opening remote files in GNOME (was Re: Announcing gnomevfs-mount 0.0.1 (very first version).)

On Wed, 2004-10-06 at 09:46 +0200, Fernando Herrera wrote:
Wed, Oct 06, 2004 at 01:26:37AM +0200, Carlos Perelló Marín escribió:

>Users don't understand why they are not able to open files from remote
>locations on non GNOME applications. In fact, I don't know about any
>GNOME application that it's able to edit a remote file directly.

		gedit ssh://username myhost com/folder/file.txt

	works for me :)

While I can open a text file in a webdav share with gedit, it always opens it RO even though I have write access to the share (in nautilus).  The same is true for a sftp share.

Actually, now that I try your example gedit crashes. :)

Regards,
Tom

Tom von Schwerdtner
Etria, LLP - www.etria.com