Re: RFC: Common desktop-wide paths

Today at 8:23, Anand Kumria wrote:

> Why not instead create the folders in $HOME with LANG=C and have the
> $HOME/Desktop/<folder> be a symlink in the current locale of the user?

That doesn't work since $HOME is widely used by people (so they *will*
see untranslated name when they browse their own private directory,
which should be avoided, and will add up to confusion), and also
because Gnome supports $HOME being your desktop (which is what I use
everyday, because I hate unlocalized "~/Desktop" directory residing in
my $HOME).

Cheers,
Danilo