Re: Polypaudio action plan

[OSNews snippet]
KDE's Scott Wheeler on KDE multimedia
  Posted by Eugenia Loli-Queru on 2004-11-24 23:59:02 UTC, submitted by many

Open for Business has an interesting and comprehensive interview with
KDE core developer and multimedia guru Scott Wheeler of JuK and TagLib
fame. He outlines the future of KDE's multimedia efforts. Looks like
things move away from aRts as sound server and multimedia framework to
a very open minded best-of-breed strategy for KDE 4.0, with GStreamer
being preferred at the moment.
[end]

So it looks like we would be standardizing by going the way that we
seem to like anyway from the tone of this thread.  I think this amount
of mail on these threads show how much of an issue sound currently is
on Linux and the steps we take now will hopefully help the situation.

:o)