Re: Polypaudio action plan

"Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro" <gjc inescporto pt> writes:

>   Another question, would the gnome_sound_play() API still be available?
> Deprecated or not?  I think it's a great API.  Simple, and to the point.
> Normally applications shouldn't need to worry about caching.  Let the
> library do automatic caching, like libglade does for .glade files.

It would be nice if it was possible to preload the sound so that you
don't get a delay before the first play-back, though.

About libglade: it says here that caches the .glade file:

  http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/libglade/libglade-embedding.html

But someone on gtkmm-list measured it and found out that the
documentation is apparently lying:

  http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtkmm-list/2003-September/msg00212.html

--
Ole Laursen