Re: Polypaudio for Gnome 2.10, the next steps

Hi Lennart,

Today at 22:56, Lennart Poettering wrote:

> What I'd like to know: what is still missing? what are the next steps?
> Am I even near to get this into Gnome 2.10? Are there any general
> objections towards replacing Esound with Polypaudio? I am interested
> in a "yes" or "no" statement as definite and official as I can get it.

Just to clear up some things: you _probably_ won't get a definite and
official "yes" or "no" until final module list is announced (that
means January 10th, 2005 according to http://gnome.org/start/2.9/).

You may get it sooner if there's a clear consensus among developer
community that polypaudio should either replace esound, or that it
shouldn't (but I have yet to see such a clear consensus with any not
so simple module :).

Cheers,
Danilo