Re: PROPONSAL : nautilus-sendto

El lun, 15-11-2004 a las 01:35 -0300, Mariano Suárez-Alvarez escribió:
On Mon, 2004-11-15 at 02:12 +0100, Carlos Garnacho wrote:
> Hi Reinout,
>
> On Sun, 2004-11-14 at 23:52 +0100, Reinout van Schouwen wrote:
> > Roberto,
> >
> > On Sun, 14 Nov 2004, Roberto Majadas wrote:
> >
> > > homepage : www.es.gnome.org/~telemaco/
> >
> > This page doesn't exist.
>
> This page shows correctly for me, maybe you've missed the .es.? :)
>
> Now my opinion, I think that it's a quite missed feature, and while gaim
> is not part of the gnome desktop, this part could not be compiled if the
> gaim headers are not found with some autofoo trickery.
>
> It seems to have some UI/translation issues though, but that's perfectly
> fixable.

This could be nice to have around, and I have at times missed it in
fact.

Regarding the UI:
* You have an extra “o” in the dialog's title bar, and extra spaces
before the colons in the “Send As” and “Send To” labels.

ok

* The GtkSeparators should not be there.

i know , i've in my computer a HIG version of this dialog but don't upload to cvs at the moment
* The Send As combo says for me: “Email (Evolution)”, but since users
are supposed to have a preferred application for email, it should just
be Evolution IMO. Shouldn't it the combo option read “Email attachment”?

Mmmm interesting

* I think I can guess what the "Send Packed In" checkbox does, and that
the value of the (unlabeled) entrybox will be used to construct the
filename that will be sent. I am not sure though, and maybe this would
need some thinking to get it to the point where it becomes clear. Having
strings like “.tar.gz” and “.zip” on our UI is probably not ideal.
* The dialog does not mention which are the files that will be sent,
which is a bit awkward, and does not work when one has -two- dialogs
simultaneously.

I'll try to remove this bug this weekend

* Instead of popping a error message when the user hits Send without
having filled in the Send To entry box, the HIG iirc wants you to
disable the Send To button until all the needed information is
provided.

ok

* The dialog should be not resizable, iirc.
ok

* One cannot list several destinataries.
* The Send To entry might activate the Send button on Enter.
* I'd put the Send To entry first, and then the Send As combobox, since
most uses will be actually sent through email, and if the entry box
activates the default button, one then need not navigate through the
dialog at all.
* When I select a folder, the contents are packed in a zip file. Yet the
checkbox is not insensitive; in particular, I do not get to select the
packing method.

More generally,
* Since this menu item will be on context menus for most of the stuff in
nautilus windows, does it not make sense to fold this module into
nautilus itself?

When this code will be stable , i'll try to fold in nautilus ... if the nautilus developer's wants.

Cheers

Roberto

-- m