Re: Proposing module: PyGTK

[snip]
> - pretty much everyone agrees that we want to "bless" at least one thing
> beyond C to be officially acceptable as a language to code gnome
> platform stuff in
> - pretty much everyone agrees that we want to "bless" no more than one
> of these, since really, we want to keep the desktop maintainable, so
> anything that is not optional should be written in either C or this
> blessed language.
[snip]

I think that there is consensus to allow maintainers to use python and
pygtk in GNOME Desktop modules. But I don't think there is consensus to
name python as the one and only high-level language that Desktop
maintainers will ever be allowed to use. We are not there yet.

Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com
www.murrayc.com
www.openismus.com