Re: GNOME 2.10 module proposal: libnotify and notification-daemon
- From: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- To: Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org>
- Cc: Jeff Waugh <jdub perkypants org>, desktop-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: GNOME 2.10 module proposal: libnotify and notification-daemon
- Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 00:25:29 -0500
On Sun, 2004-11-07 at 19:07 +0100, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> it would be probably a good idea to have gnome-session be pluggable, so
> that 3rd parties can write extensions for it for extra daemon-like
> processes to be started. Thus, gnome-session would just have to load
> those extensions and call a known entry point on them.
This is basically what the dbus daemon provides, though. Unless you mean
in-process dlopen() type plugins, but that's a little scary.
] [Thread Prev