Re: Proposal: replacing esound with polypaudio in 2.10

On Mon, 01.11.04 21:42, Bastien Nocera (hadess hadess net) wrote:

> Minor patching is minor patching. Polyaudio has an OSS backend, and all
> the free *BSD have OSS has a backend. So there's no problems there.

In fact, Joe Marcus Clarke already ported polypaudio successfully to
FreeBSD. It's not merged yet since I haven't found the time for it
yet, but it looks very promising.

The crucial major operating system polypaudio should be ported to now
is Solaris. I am happy to merge patches regarding that. ;-)

Lennart

--
name { Lennart Poettering } loc { Hamburg - Germany }
mail { mzft (at) 0pointer (dot) de } gpg { 1A015CC4 }