Re: Proposal: replacing esound with polypaudio in 2.10

Bastien Nocera wrote:
| On Mon, 2004-11-01 at 20:55 +0000, Sander Vesik wrote:
|
|> --- Lennart Poettering <mztabzr 0pointer de> wrote:

|>>As I wrote earlier: someone has done some work in porting it to
|>>macosx, but this is incomplete. Currently, polypaudio compiles on
|>>linux only. It should compile on FreeBSD with only minor
|>>patching. Feel free to contribute such patches! ;-)
|>>

|>"should work" and "minor patching" more often than not end up being
"requires major
|>surgery".
|

| Minor patching is minor patching. Polyaudio has an OSS backend, and all
| the free *BSD have OSS has a backend. So there's no problems there.

The OSS backend does work on FreeBSD (if you disable loading of the ALSA
module), but there were some other problems.  I have done a complete
FreeBSD port, and I sent patches to Lennart.  I tried to make them
OS-agnostic so they would work with the other BSDs and MacOS X.  He said
he would commit them.

Joe