gnome-applets 2.9.1

GNOME Applets are the little programs you run in your panel. Just about
everyone uses a GNOME Applet or two, the package includes applets like
the battery applet, CPU load applet, weather applet and mixer applet.

Changes in GNOME-Applets 2.9.1
==================================
Codenamed: "Revitalisation"

Really Big Changes:
 * New volume applet (Ronald Bultje)
 * New drivemount applet (James Henstridge)
 * Deprecation of mailcheck using null_applet (Davyd Madeley)
 * Trash Applet (Michiel Sikkes)

Less Big Changes:
 * Latvian and Catalan keyboard layouts (Sergey Udaltsov)
 * charpick now uses gucharmap for character descriptions (Davyd Madeley)
 * Move lots of applets to GtkIconTheme (except stickynotes and possibly others)
   (Davyd Madeley)
 * Fix help crash in accessx (Leena Gunda)
 * Neaten up the battstat preferences dialog (Davyd Madeley)
 * Add option to display remaining time on the panel (Davyd Madeley)
 * Fix charpick padding issues (Vincent Noel)
 * New icons for geyes, gswitchit (Jakub Steiner)
 * gswitchit fixes (Sergey Udaltsov, Kjartan Maraas)
 * String composition fixes in gtik (Davyd Madeley)
 * More locations in gweather (Davyd Madeley, Martin Kretzschmar, Kalle
   Svensson, Gabriel M. Elder, Chris Kelso, Simos Xenitellis)
 * Support for multiple locations per city (Frank Solensky)
 * Removed old gweather Locations file (Davyd Madeley)
 * Make macro list for mini-commander global across all instances of the applet
   (Davyd Madeley)
 * multiload behaves better under NetBSD (Douglas Brebner)
 * Keep stickynotes on all workspaces if appropriate (Heikki Tauriainen)
 * make wireless applet warning dialogs multihead aware (Muktha Narayan)

Translations:
 * ca (Jordi Mallach)
 * az (Mətin Əmirov)
 * nl (Michiel Sikkes, Tino Meinen)
 * ar (Arafat Medini)
 * en_CA (Adam Weinberger)
 * fr (Christophe Merlet, Raphael Tournoy, Yannick Marchegay)
 * cs (Miloslav Trmac)
 * sq (Laurent Dhima)
 * en_GB (David Lodge)
 * sr (Danilo Šegan)
 * bg (Vladimir Petkov)
 * es (Francisco Javier F. Serrador)
 * de (Hendrik Brandt, Martin Kretzschmar)
 * fa (Meelad Zakaria)
 * ru (Leonid Kanter)
 * ang (James Johnson)
 * zh_TW (GNOME HK Team)
 * it (Francesco Marletta, Alessio Frusciante)

Stay tuned for more cool things like: day/night differentiation in gweather and
hopefully the inclusion of a CPUFreq monitoring applet. Development has finally
been revitalised. Since we don't have our own mailing list, we are staging a
hostile takeover of gnome-utils-list, which has now become the primary list for
Applets based discussion.

Remember, GNOME 2.9 is the unstable development branch of the GNOME desktop,
work on the stable tree such as bugfixes, translations and documentation should
take place on the gnome-2-8 branch.

Thanks everyone for contributing, especially if I accidently forgot you, and
stay tuned for GNOME Applets 2.9.2 next month!

--
http://davyd.ucc.asn.au/

PGP Fingerprint <http://davyd.ucc.asn.au/pgp>
08B0 341A 0B9B 08BB 2118  C060 2EDD BB4F 5191 6CDA