Re: Browser Bookmarks Menu (Gnome Applet) 0.2

On Mon, 2004-11-01 at 18:51 +0100, Reinout van Schouwen wrote:
On Mon, 1 Nov 2004, Tom von Schwerdtner wrote:

> It would probably make sense to use whatever the preferred browser is.

It would probably make even more sense to aggregate the bookmarks of all
supported browsers. Or am I crazy for suggesting this? :-)

I'm not so into that idea.  If people want the bookmarks from previously used browsers then they can and should migrate them.  I think you would be catering to 0.92% of the users out there, likely at the expense of the 80% of of them who have old browser bookmarks laying around that they don't care about.

Besides, don't you think it would be annoying to discover that running Mozilla once would cause the default Mozilla bookmarks to show up in the applet?

IMO

-Tom

Tom von Schwerdtner
Etria, LLP - www.etria.com