Re: Gnome 2.6: What were you thinking?

Am Do, den 13.05.2004 schrieb Manuel Amador (Rudd-O) um 22:12:

[...]

> Yes, those that are accustomed to the browser interface.  Those comprise
> a minority of the world's inhabitants, fortunately.

Well but (maybe) a majority of the current gnome users (or maybe not,
however there seem to be a lot of people that don't like spatial mode).

What I want to say is its really great to keep all potenial gnome users
out there in mind when designing gnome, but it's kind of senseless to
say "hey, we think these people are more important than the users that
are using gnome now". Not a single person of the potential gnome users
out there will starting using gnome (howsoever good and easy to use it
might be), if you don't have a huge base of satisfied users. (My point
is the network effekt - everybody uses ms windows, _because_ everybody
else uses ms windows, too).

Regards,
Jörgen