Wording of Error Dialogs
- From: Sebastian Heinlein <liste pimpzkru de>
- To: GNOME Desktop Development List <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Wording of Error Dialogs
- Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 09:51:14 +0200
I plan to do a major rewording and unification of the error messages of
a project that I am working on. Since we want to be conform with the
HIG, I would like to know if there is a policy on this.
For me there are the following possibilities:
1. "Failed to open %s."
2. "Couldn't open %s."
3. "Can't open %s."
4. "%s could not be opened."
The "writing for translation" section of the documentation style guide
doesn't recommend the use of the passive tense. So which way to go?
For private emails please write to
sebastian dot heinlein at web dot de
] [Thread Prev