Re: gnome-system-tools / setup-tools-backend and st

Hi Christian :)

El lun, 21-06-2004 a las 20:35, +0200, Christian Rose escribió:
> This question came up on the gnome-i18n list...
>
> mån 2004-06-21 klockan 09.04 skrev Duarte Loreto:
> > As gnome-system-tools was added to the "proposed" module list, shouldn't the
> > setup-tools-backend also be moved from "fifth-toe" to "proposed"?
> >
> > I do have the idea that the developers once said on this list that
> > setup-tools-backend has strings that are visible on the gnome-system-tools
> > GUI. Still to sleepy to search for the email on the list archives...
>
> I don't know actually. It's still not clear if, in case
> gnome-system-tools will be approved as a part of GNOME core, it will be
> all of the current gnome-system-tools or just some parts of it. So
> perhaps it's the non-setup-tools-backends-dependant parts that are being
> considered.
>
> I'm cc:ing the d-d-l list so that we can perhaps get a definite answer.
> Is setup-tools-backends also being proposed? Does the parts of
> gnome-system-tools that are being proposed show translated strings from
> setup-tools-backends?

The whole GNOME System Tools package is useless without the setup-tools-
backends module, it contains the backends that make possible the
distro/OS abstraction, and it contains strings that are user visible
(mainly for the services tool), so I guess that this module is also
proposed. Sorry, I think I should have clarified it  before...

	Regards