Re: Explicit copying into the clipboard without selecting

Hi,

I remember participating in a mozilla bug arguing about this...
don't remember what I argued for but it was probably whatever
gnome-terminal does ;-)

You could argue that since PRIMARY is the selection and by doing "copy
link address" you don't select anything, that you should not change
PRIMARY.

But you could also argue that it doesn't make sense to copy something
without selecting it, so implicitly "copy link address" means "select
the link then copy it" - what this implies though is that "copy link
address" should *select the link*

I think if we did it that way, it would help strengthen the conceptual
model of middle-click-pastes-selection vs. the incorrect
middle-click-is-the-same-as-control-v.

Havoc