Maintainers: intltool-merge/intltool-extract changes in handling XML

Hi everybody,

There were some extensive code changes in intltool-merge to properly
handle XML merging (finally).  With the switch to XML::Parser
earlier, there were some incompatible changes in the process of
merging translations into XML files.

This meant that Gimp, for instance, had to use intltool 0.27.2 (or
older).  Look at bug #130802 for details.

Changes committed to intltool yesterday and today should allow Gimp
to use latest intltool again (I tested this earlier, since the patch
was done just prior the freezes for Gnome 2.6).

Yet, this means there're incompatible changes to intltool again.  If
you didn't have to change anything with the switch to XML::Parser in
intltool, then you shouldn't worry now either.  We're still using
XML::Parser Perl module, it's just that code is rewritten to be more
understandable, maintainable and correct.

OTOH, if you had to (un)escape entities to get proper behavior,
you'll now need to revert that, since we've gone to previous style:
strings are passed as-is to PO files, since that's the only way to
allow for nested tags.

Also, since the big part of (the most complicated section of)
intltool-merge code is changed, I'll appreciate if you pay attention
to the merging results of translated XML files, and report any bugs
you find to Bugzilla.  So, WATCH OUT.

Thanks,
Danilo

PS. I'm also fixing several other issues in intltool, and
intltool-update requires autoconf no more, so be sure to check NEWS
for all the nice stuff — docs are in README :)