Re: Proposal for new thinking in Session management
- From: Gaute Lindkvist <monty skummelt no>
- To: Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com>
- Cc: desktop-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Proposal for new thinking in Session management
- Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 15:05:51 +0200
> The current explicit-save approach is there precisely because
> the app support and gnome-session itself isn't very good.
One of the inherit problems of having such a diverse platform to build
on I guess.
> So, the *first* step is going through apps one by one and making them
> save state really well. (This includes things like saving a
> temporary file for the current document.)
This might not even be possible if maintainers are not willing to listen
to requests from GNOME or KDE or accept patches.
I guess this is something to bring back up in further down the road.
] [Thread Prev