Re: Preferences, System Tools

> As long as people can still change their locale in the old way, isn't it
> OK for the GNOME GUI for this to start out with a simpler subset? It's
> easy to add options, but it's incredibly difficult to remove them later.
Why would you need to remove them - they are useful? About the old way -
yeah, people can use it. Even to change their locale entirely - so why
people bothered adding corresponging option to gdm?;) Seriously, I do
not see why some LC* are more important than others. IMHO gnome should
either leave the things the way they are - global, single option in gdm
- and nothing more - or provide configuration for each option. Is
LC_MESSAGES more important than LC_TIME? Is LC_NUMERIC more important
than LC_MONETARY? Why?

Sergey