Re: PROPOSAL : Integrating system tools in GNOME

Jeff Waugh wrote:
<quote who="George Farris">

Is there a curses interface?  Because if there isn't then I wouldn't
recommend it over say, what Redhat ships.

Red Hat don't have to ship it (and if they did, I'm sure they'd want to
solve that problem). :-)

Only several of Red Hat's tools have curses interfaces anyhow. YaST, on the other hand, completely abstracts the GUI, such that you can run any YaST module in CLI mode or KDE/graphical mode. I'd imagine a GTK/GNOME front-end is also fully possible. I think there's a web interface as well, though I'm not sure. (We're just starting to mess with the SuSE stuff at work thanks to our dependence on Novell products.)

- Jeff