Re: breaking libgnomeui API

On Thu, 2004-01-29 at 19:34, James M. Cape wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-01-28 at 10:12 +0100, Anders Carlsson wrote:
>
> [Regarding entry widgets in libgnomeui:]
>
> > * Port them over to gtk+ and put them there (IIRC Jim Cape started
> > hacking on a really cool icon chooser that supported icon themes)
>
> http://esco.mine.nu/downloads/eggimagechooser.tar.bz2
>
> The issues I'm having (aside from screwy ref counting and my general
> insanity) are whether or not to make this a generalized ImageChooser or
> a task-specific IconChooser.
>
> I'm leaning towards ImageChooser, since it would then be useful for
> other stuff, like 'Avatar' (user photo) and wallpaper image selection.

You might want to be very careful about dubbing it an ImageChooser, and
would need to take great care at the responsiveness when a user of a PII
300 will try to choose his wallpaper from a directory containing 300
1600x1200 photo quality wallpapers.

---
Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>
He was as tall as a six-foot-three-inch tree.