Re: evo/gal/gtkhtml bugzilla move? (was Re: Proto initial GNOME 2.6 new modules decision)

hi,

On Tue, 2004-01-27 at 06:43, Christian Rose wrote:
> I'm asking as I expect it to be a major Pain(tm) to both enter and track
> GNOME 2.6 bugs in two totally different bugzillas; each of them with
> different bugs, queries, keywords, accounts, milestones, resolutions,
> and whatever else possible.

Not our (Gnome bug-squads) problem.

If maintainers (Ximian team) want to use their own bugzilla, the
burden of responsibility is with them to keep it in track with
gnome release schedules.

They are choosing not to benefit from being on Gnome bugzilla. They
will have to make up the difference for any problems this causes.

Bug-buddy is clever enough to submit bugs to the right server.

I think it is fine - evolution is something of a special case with
it's own dedicated team.

Besides, experience tells us that Ximian have more than contributed
to gnome QA and bug hunting (via Luis), in a much wider way than just
doing QA on their own products. I think they will continue
to contribute much wider than evolution.

thanks,
wayne