Re: Gnome/Nautilus extensions for OpenOffice.org

Hi Seth,

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004, Seth Nickell wrote:

> menu, but that OOo documents are also recognized as zip files (are they
> recognized that way? they shouldn't be, I don't care if they technically
> are, they shouldn't show up that way at all).

AFAIK they aren't recognized that way, not on my computer at least, but
I'm giving an example of a realistic possibility of how several apps that
all can handle files in certain ways, could pollute the context menu even
more than it already is.[*]

> opposed to editing) a presentation is the "other" common way to use the
> files, and it would be nice to support that use directly from the file
> manager.

Agreed, see my reply to Oliver.

[*] Of all context menu items, Properties is probably the second most used
item by me, after Delete. Yet I need to move down fifteen items to get
there in the context menu of a regular folder on my (2.4) desktop...

regards,

--
Reinout van Schouwen			Artificial Intelligence student
email: reinout cs vu nl			mobile phone: +31-6-44360778