Re: Translations, GNOME, and KDE

Op vr 09-01-2004, om 12:41 schreef Telsa Gwynne:
> On Fri, Jan 09, 2004 at 11:15:44AM +0000 or thereabouts, Bill Haneman wrote:

> > Also previously discussed here (I think) was an
> > 'error message repository' of some kind so that GNOME's
> > error messages could be pulled from a commonly translated
> > list.  That has its own  limitations of course.
>
> It would certainly be nice to translate "File %s does not
> exist" once only instead of once per application which
> notices this.

Bravo!, and it would help developers prevent improvising small
variations to those messages:

e.g.:
File %s does not exist
file %s does not exist
file %s does not exist.
A file %s does not exist
File %s does not seem to exist
File %s does not seem to exist, at least I couldn't find it.
etc.

Tino Meinen