Re: [Usability] Suggestion for the actual UI of GTK+'s New FileSelector

On Wed, Jan 07, 2004 at 02:40:57PM -0500, Rodney Dawes wrote:
> If I am in a very deep tree, say, 64 levels deep, and the PathView has
> the last few folders in view, how do I scroll immediately to the first,
> or thirty-second, or some other random position, in the "list" of
> folders? It doesn't have a scrollbar, so I can't just drag and be there.

You'd most likely only be able to see the last N levels, as with the
pane view in the os/x finder.  Basically you can see as much as the
width of the dialog will allow, and if where you need isn't in view
you'd click on the first level and it'd re-set itself to where you
clicked being the 'end' and showing you the previous N levels.

Maybe.  Personally I'm not sold on this idea just yet, but figured I'd
throw in my $0.02

alan

--
Alan <alan ufies org> - http://arcterex.net
"There are only 3 real sports: bull-fighting, car racing and mountain