Re: Translations, GNOME and KDE

On Tue, Jan 06, 2004 at 07:31:24PM +0100, Reinout van Schouwen wrote:
> On Mon, 5 Jan 2004, Jeff Waugh wrote:
>
> * Try and work together with other projects like OpenOffice.org and distro
>   vendors to standardize the way documentation is translated. There is a
>   huge gap in this area, let's not have each project re-invent the wheel.

Actually we have in the translation of openoffice.org to Danush used
some programs based on translation memeory. Maybe from sun.
I am not sure of the license status of these. But lately we have used a
cvs based thing with .po files. As you know both windows and linux
persons are involved in ooo translation.

Best regards
keld