Re: Suggestion for the actual UI of GTK+'s New FileSelector

On Wed, 2004-01-07 at 07:57, Alan wrote:
> I know that apple did gobs of ui testing, or used to, but I've heard
> they either don't, or the data is from the 80's still, etc etc.  I'd
> like to see some tests done, similar to the UI testing that Sun (? I
> think) did a year or two back.

If it's the one I'm thinking about, then it had, IMHO, several serious
flaws since the answers were clearly biased towards the kinds of
desktops the testers were familiar with.

Any serious usability test, imho, needs to include a generous amount of
people who never used a computer before, because otherwise, people will
think of usability in terms of what they're used to.

Rui

+ So let's do it...?