Re: Suggestion for the actual UI of GTK+'s New FileSelector

> Anyways, none of this has any user testing data to back it up.  We're just
> all playing with mockups and then stating our opinions/prejudices ad
> nauseum.  So if someone is kind enough to actually get a group of people
> to test it with real data I suggest we just drop this thread or move it to
> usability and let the experts figure it out.

+1 Insightful

I know that apple did gobs of ui testing, or used to, but I've heard
they either don't, or the data is from the 80's still, etc etc.  I'd
like to see some tests done, similar to the UI testing that Sun (? I
think) did a year or two back.  Elsewise you're right, it's a bunch of
geeks chiming in with their own opinions (no offense to all, I do it as
well.... :)

alan

--
Alan <alan ufies org> - http://arcterex.net
"There are only 3 real sports: bull-fighting, car racing and mountain