Re: Proposed: Rhythmbox

On Mon, Jan 05, 2004 at 12:17:07AM -0800 or thereabouts, Eugenia Loli-Queru wrote:
> Jeff Waugh wrote:
> > what clear benefit is there to having it in the Desktop release?
>
> Erm, please get with the times. Multimedia, mp3 piracy, CD ripping i
> it is part of the everyday life of today, we like it or not

I'm not sure this is "clear benefit" :)

> (especially among young people who are more likely to use Gnome).

Do you have figures for this?

I don't believe that the population of mailing lists and web
forums is a reliable guide to who uses Gnome as a whole; nor
do I think their priorities are necessarily typical.

And I wouldn't have thought that systems admins for offices
and the workplace are really going to base decisions on the
next OS/environment to move to on whether you can rip music
CDs.

But if you have figures on who really uses Gnome, I'd love
to see them.

Telsa