RE: Proposed: gnome-system-tools

Havoc wrote:
> Re-reading these, my main concern continues to be that nobody is sitting
down and holistically thinking through the control panels as a > whole, how
they appear in the menus, where each setting lives and how the user finds
it.

> Not a problem introduced by the system tools, but here is the thing: it's
the main problem including system tools in GNOME could
> _solve_, that we can't solve easily in distribution-specific tools.

I don't disagree that a control panels reorganisation/rethink might be
useful, but I don't think that this should stop us adding 2 or 3 system
tools before we have done that, particularly if this increases the chance of
that reorganisation happening.

Murray Cumming
www.murrayc.com
murrayc usa net