Re: Proposed: gnome-system-tools

On ma, 2004-01-05 at 01:52 +0100, Carlos Garnacho wrote:
> El dom, 04-01-2004 a las 08:05, Joe Marcus Clarke escribió:
> > There still isn't much [any?] FreeBSD support in g-s-t, but this is
> > mainly due to the fact that I've been busy with other components, and
> > haven't gotten any volunteers from our user base.  However, that may be
> > changing.  I won't object this time around if the general consensus is
> > to include this component.
>
> AFAICT, the users tool is already supported, and the services tool
> already supports slackware with BSD init, so it should be easy to port.
> Anyways, my idea is to work on FreeBSD support in the 2.6 timeframe

I hacked up some FreeBSD support more than a year ago, but I don't know
in what state it is now. The users tool actually works somewhat (basic
user adding and deleting should work) but I had to hack it up pretty
thoroughly, IIRC. The backend is pretty sophisticated Perl code, and I'm
no guru Perl hacker.

 - Theo

--
Theo van Klaveren <t vanklaveren student utwente nl>
http://home.student.utwente.nl/t.vanklaveren