Re: Proposed: monkey-bubble

Am So, den 04.01.2004 schrieb Jeff Waugh um 16:27:
> What a zany reversal... It's okay for OS distributors, but it's not okay for
> us! Wacky. :-)

Not, it's just told wrong. Either GNOME or the distributors need to make
sure that this game can be freely distributed. A checkup for a game is
1000 EUR, this is quite expensive but I think we should get some
distributors/supporters to pay this for us. (SUN wants to deliver GNOME
in Germany too, so they might need to pay it for themselves)

 But if a game derives from another one, it can inherit the result of
the check (e.g. there's no limitiation by age). Why not ask Mandrake to
get a checkup for Frozen Bubble?

> You guys are weird. ;-)

Not really, as you can see by my statementa above, these laws were seen
as neccessary when more and more ego-shooters came up and the government
needed a way to control the age limitations of the games (games they
didn't know just didn't have any limitiation).

Regards,
  Sven
--
Sven Herzberg <herzi gnome-de org> · Jabber: herzi jabber org
GNOME Deutschland                  · http://www.gnome-de.org/