Re: Proposed: monkey-bubble

Am So, den 04.01.2004 schrieb Joe Marcus Clarke um 08:07:
> On Sun, 2004-01-04 at 01:53, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> > monkey-bubble
> > -------------
> >
> > Should we have yet another game? Should we have another game in a totally
> > new module? Would Callum accept it into gnome-games? It's certainly cool,
> > with nice graphics, based on a highly addictive and dangerous game. This one
> > is probably up to Callum. Do we have enough non-Desktop games that a GNOME
> > Games release would make sense?
> >

> > Further discussion goes HERE! :-)
>
> This game has a weird cult following in the FreeBSD community.  I think
> there must be some kind of mojo in those monkey's eyes that make people
> love this game.  I think most of our users would love to see this
> included (but adding it to gnome-games is a great idea).

We have a totally silly law in Germany since last year that prohibits
the distribution of games to anyone younger than 18 unless the game has
been certified by the USK as being suitable for children (of course the
USK wants to see ¤¤¤ for certificates).
Uncertified games automatically fall into the USK 18 category and must
not be made available to children. If the GNOME desktop comes with
games, we may run into problems.
An exception of this law is bundling games with operating systems,
so that Linux distributions and other OS may continue to come with
games.
But since GNOME itself is not an OS, this exception would not apply.
German Linux magazines stopped including the games packages for GNOME
and KDE on their CDs because of that.

Martin