Re: Use of American/British English

On Mon, 2004-02-23 at 07:51, Christian Rose wrote:
> We can't assume a user uses any translation. We provide translations,
> but our desktop must be of the same quality even for those that don't
> use those.

Well, in that case of course we should be using the British spelling.
There are many more countries using that then the `embraced and
expanded' US spelling.

If we want to assume that users don't use translations, there is really
no argument left to persuade programmer X in UK or CA or AU to use the
US spelling.

Andreas

--
Andreas J. Guelzow <aguelzow taliesin ca>
Taliesin