Re: Please, include Gnome System Tools in Gnome 2.6 (+suggestion for preferences)

On Wed, 2004-02-11 at 20:00, Murray Cumming wrote:
> I think g-s-t is used by gentoo, which some sections of society feel is
> mainstream.

g-s-t is not used by Gentoo. It isn't even available at this time as
ebuild, because 2 out of 5 tools do not work with Gentoo. Last time i
looked at it the supported tools didn't seem to be fully functional
either. I am not even sure some of the tools goals/UIs fit the way
Gentoo handles things. There has been some community interest in getting
it added to the Gentoo tree, but there has been no effort yet from that
side to create backends for the missing tools.

I personally do not see g-s-t as something that needs to be in the
desktop release. Even if it was included in the release it probably
would not be included in Gentoo for the simple fact that it isn't fully
functional yet.

- foser