Re: GNOME Development Release 2.5.3: "That and a pair of testicles."

On Tue, Feb 10, 2004 at 07:33:36AM +1100, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Daniel Veillard">
>
> > On Tue, Feb 03, 2004 at 06:34:18PM +1100, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> > > GNOME Development Release 2.5.3: "That and a pair of testicles."
>
> >   So next time before choosing a release name
> >     GET SOME FUCKING COMMON SENSE
>
> It's a development release. It fits with the naming theme for the 2.5
> series. It is not a representative name in a marketing or semantic sense. We

  It is the title of the mail sent to announce list where journalists
and people looking for release informations from the project are subscribed.
My wording was strong, my guts reaction was strong, and apparently I wasn't
the only one. This sounds just too sexist and offending to some culture,
maybe it's funny in a context --that context wasn't provided anyway-- but
still doesn't sound funny to a general audience which I expect the
gnome-announce list to be.

Daniel