Re: GNOME Development Release 2.5.3: "That and a pair of testicles."

On Tue, Feb 03, 2004 at 06:34:18PM +1100, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> GNOME Development Release 2.5.3: "That and a pair of testicles."

  For the record, I'm not part of the board anymore, but I STRONGLY
OBJECTS using GNOME release name based on genitalia. I am not personally
shocked directly but I find totally unacceptable to use wording which
*IS* shocking for a lot of cultures, religions, or individuals as such.
  Even for a development release the goal is to get as much use, review
and feedback for said release and not to piss of potential users using
gross, offensive or inappropriate machismo. I fail to see how such a
release name could do anything but harm seriously marketing efforts
or get considered seriously by the industrial partners we absolutely need.
  So next time before choosing a release name
    GET SOME FUCKING COMMON SENSE
and if you can't, ask on the fundation list before for a minimal review,
I just can't believe this went through without anyone blocking such
a bad release name !

Daniel