Re: G2.10 Module Proposal: Sound Juicer

Hi,

> On Friday 24 December 2004 07:16 am, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:
> > Free in some places is not free.  Some people who work on GNOME think
> > that this is an important distinction.  Some people feel the use of
> > completely free formats should be promoted over others.  (Those free
> > formats being qualitatively better is a nice bonus).
>
> Uh.. so if one country passed a law banning all of GNOME, where you would
> stop using it?
>
> If not, where do you draw the line?

Uh, I was explaining the *practical* reasons why it is the way it is and
why it was chosen to be done so.  If you want to discuss hypothetical
situations, I don't think this list is the place to do so.

If you want your question answered, the fastest way I guess would be to
a) start a country
b) ban GNOME in it

and then I'll be happy to discuss the issue further.

Thomas

Ik voel me zo door jou verlaten
als een zoebox zonder platen