Re: G2.10 Module Proposal: Sound Juicer

Thomas Vander Stichele a écrit :

The simple reason is, when choosing between either Ogg or MP3 (because
we want to provide one sensible default), Ogg is both better and more
free.
While I'm all for favouring ogg/vorbis over mp3 and using ogg/vorbis as the default whereever it's applicable, I don't think we should make it overly complicated for users who want mp3 for whatever reason (either for use in portable music players, or to easily give files to their friends, ...). Having an "mp3" audio profile not used by default sounds like a reasonable compromise. For my part, I can see all the bugs/questions/complaints coming about how it's difficult to create a mp3 in gnome, and I don't really feel like answering the same question over and over...

Christophe