Re: filename translation implementation - how to decide

On Mer, 2004-12-15 at 15:21, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> I fear we will be unable to make a decision on this, and we'll let it
> slide yet another release. I made the implementation to verify that the
> solution worked and to have something that can go in quickly if we get
> to a decision.

There is only one consensus I've seen: That this is an fdo issue. I'd
rather we kept "Desktop" until the problem was fixed properly across
things outside of Gnome. A Gnome differs from its own partner apps
result would be bad for everyone.

"Public" is IMHO irrelevant to the discussion since I see no consensus
on gnome-user-share versus rival projects. "Templates" can wait and is
itself an fdo issue - as Gnome/KDE will want to share some of them.

Defer to FDO, if neccessary create an FDO list that is specific to this
matter and can come back with answers non en language users accept and
that work widely across applications.


[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]